Prabhat Gupta wrote:
I am looking for ideas to reduce the space requirment and also compile time. I have only 24 hrs left for this :(

Consider using distcc to speed up compile time. I've never used it myself, but I've heard good things about it. Better yet, do the compiling on an insanely overspecced server and cp the filesystem onto your laptop afterwards :)

Condiser NFS/iSCSI/whatever for /var/tmp/portage and /usr/portage . You should only need those when installing things, so it might be okay to put them on a different box...

Don't emerge kde. Emerge kde-base and whatever else you need.

HTH,
--
Ciaran McCreesh
mail:      ciaranm*firedrop#org#uk