Douglas Russell wrote:

On Friday 25 July 2003 4:48 pm, Prabhat Gupta wrote:

Condon Thomas A KPWA wrote:

Prabhat Gupta wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to install a minimal gentoo on an IBM Thinkpad 760XL.

The laptop has 1.6G free space on ROOT partition. Currently I am
bootstrapping the system.

I want a minimal system to do some C++ development. I need GCC, make,
CVS, shells.

I also need minimal KDE.

What should be my next steps after BOOTSTRAPPING?

Since Gentoo comes up with multiple consoles using the F1-F6 keys why do
you need KDE?  If you really want a minimal system this would seem
superfluous.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom :-})

Hi Tom,

Sometime it feels good to debug using DDD rather using plain gdb.

Anyway my boss needs 4-5 of those junk laptops to demostrate compute
farms and he need some graphics.

I am looking for ideas to reduce the space requirment and also compile
time. I have only 24 hrs left for this :(

You'll be lucky to get XFree and KDE compiled and configured on those old machines within 24 hours even if you have no problems.

Puggy

:(( ~ ~ ~