On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:11:01 +0000
"Hemmann, Volker Armin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 02 August 2003 15:57, Collins Richey wrote:
> > 2.6.0-test2 is 100% stable on my desktop system (ext3).
> >

> I wish, I could say the same but:
> ut2003-demo has heavy sound distortions
> and browsing some pictures with kuickshow locks up the computer after
> some minutes.
>
> Both problems aren't there with 2.4.2x so I stay with 2.4.22_pre2-gss
> which works like a charm.

I'm not familiar with ut2003-demo or kuickshow.  When I play movie
trailers (mplayer under MozillaFirebird), the sound quality seems to
be quite variable from trailer to trailer, but I don't know whether to
attribute this to the kernel or not.  No lockups, in any case.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the