heya all,

new guy here...  anyone know what happened to the
davicom drivers in the 2.5.75 and 2.6-0-test2 kernels?
 I haven't checked other 2.5 series kernels to see
where it disappeared.  I've been using 2.4..  I have a
CNET 200WL NIC that works great w/ my 2.4 kernel, but
in the 2.5 or higher series kernel's I can't find it
anywhere at all.  I've looked all around the network
adapter's section, checked out all the 10/100
drivers...  heck, i even tried enabling built-in
kernel support for a random assortment of drivers
without any luck.  i have a tgz file that has the
right drivers, but it doesn't want to compile with the
Makefile with my /usr/src/linux linked to
linux-2.6.0-test2, and i can't get the module to load
by hand anyway (module name, dmfe).  does another
option in the kernel you can build in support my NIC.

lewis cawthorne

p.s. while i'm asking questions...  my emerge had the
tab complete option when i booted from cd and was
doing my install.  i thought that was rather cool,
since it let me browse around different options a bit.
 however, tab completion isn't working for me with
emerge after getting gentoo on my system.  tab
complete works fine at command line, just not with
emerge.  i've done emerge sync, and emerge -u system.
i'm emerging other things just fine..  any ideas?

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
> Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96  92E5
> FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C

name=signature.asc