On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:11:38 -0400
Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 02 August 2003 11:57 am, Collins Richey wrote:
> > 2.6.0-test2 is 100% stable on my desktop system (ext3).
> >
> > I note two little extras:
> >
> > 1) bash filename completion no longer beeps when there are
> > duplicates.
> >
> > 2) One of the many free gratis configuration changes that the good
> > kernel folks threw my way is ACPI.
> >
> > Also, AFAIK, there is no support yet for nvidia cards.  I'm using
> > the nv support built into xfree.  Since I'm not a gamester, that's
> > no big deal.
>

> Hi Collins,
>
> Are you using the alsa sound support? Any problems with test2 in that
> area?

Doesn't work worth a crap for me.

My card (SB PCI 16) which uses the E(N)S1371 module will not work with
alsa.  I've tried built-in and module support.  When booting, I always
get the message from alsa that no sound card is found, so of course
devfs does not build the sound devices.  If I build it as a module, it
will load without errors.

So, I'm using the (deprecated) OSS support which works like a champ.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the