On August 1, 2003 04:42 pm, Rick Sivernell wrote:
>    Appreciate your quick reply, setting up now, just thought there might be
> a commanbd to perform this.  Got another question.  Setting up an emerged
> xfree with xf86cfg, it makes my new XF86Config-4 in /etc/X11 just fine. But
> when I startxfce I get the following error:  no screens found. Any
> suggestion as where to look or what the problem is

"no screens found" reffers to the fact that there's no "Screen" section in
your x config.  you should have something like this:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen0"
        Device          "Card0"
        Monitor         "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1024x768"
                Viewport        0 0
        EndSubSection
EndSection

as well as a "Device" and "Monitor" section that handle your videocard and
monitor respecitively.  if you don't have the time/patience/understanding to
create your own custom xconfig, i'd suggest the following:

  # /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config

good luck ;-)

--
lift up yourselves, men,
take yourselves out of the mire and hitch your hopes to the stars;