On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:02:16PM -0500, Rick Sivernell wrote:
> Nathan
>
>     I guess software can not move, copy data or programs, you must be bash or
> something. This is totally bullxxxx. I have te same on my caldera system and all
> works fine. I have moved the location back onto the partition now and that
> problem is gone.  I am almost ready to dump gentoo, just too many problem here.

You're right, Rick, it is bullxxxx. Any script or program can move
and copy files. You're getting a lot of aerobic exercise jumping to
conclusions because nobody can identify the problem from the description
you've given and the one person who's trying (me) doesn't seem to be
able to describe his observations in language you can understand.

Sorry it's not obvious... but it isn't. There's a significant chance that
the application you're using simply isn't very robust, and your Gentoo
system provides a configuration it can't deal with. Since you don't want
to take the time to understand it, dumping Gentoo is probably the right
answer for you.

Nathan Meyers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]