On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 08:25:12AM -0500, Rick Sivernell wrote:
> Nathan
>
>    Thanks for your reply. After the compile of a shared lib & it's creation, I
> have scons, a python script system who compiles code, copy the new lib to a new
> location. There has not been a ln -s of any type on other linux systems. Now I
> have just moved all development to this new linux distro. I am using the latest
> python, scons, gcc & etc on gentoo.  I have half a dozen shared libs that are
> built & moved.

The problem is a lack of "ln -s" - it appears that scons is trying to do
a "ln", not a "ln -s". You might look at the differences in how you've
laid out your filesystems before and after moving to Gentoo. My wild
guess is that two directories that were in the same filesystem (i.e.,
partition) are now in different filesystems.

Nathan Meyers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]