On Friday 15 August 2003 21:27, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> On Friday 15 August 2003 01:40 pm, Bram De Smet wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you honestly just say that?  I'm still in shock.
> >
> > More of us are in shock every day when we turn on the news and hear
> > about the terrorist attacks the States commit in a global way and
> > that for several decades. Get over it.
> > I don't think this is to the point anymore.
> >
> > For me this thread can be closed:
> >
> > If you do not know where your money is going and you don't trust the
> > organization you are donating to, don't donate.
> >
> > This goes not only for Gentoo, but for all kinds of organizations.
>
> This is a great example of why there should be no politics in this
> forum. You have just declared the United States a terrorist country and
> delare the thread closed. Please keep your anti-American politics to
> yourself.

And, in case this huge thread makes the GWN (hey, I could be famous-ish), I
would like to say as the OP that this ran away from my topic quite quickly.
I was simply curious if I donated £50, would that go to buying more RAM for
the web server, some poor persons rent or whatever.  I would be interested
in, but an by no means asking for; how is it decided?
If there is some poor student sitting there somewhere with very little cash
because he sits in a helps the Gentoo project instead of getting a job I have
no problem in him using my £50 to get himself a drink or whatever.  Whilst I
care where my money would go, I was more curious about how it was decided and
what sort of things they went on.

Also, I get the feeling that people are too damn stressed over this.  Not that
I would suggest the OP should control the thread, but relax people.  Can we
kill the thread now?

ps, if I send a donation specifically marked "alcohol for devels", will that
work? ;-)

--
Tom Wesley