Scharf Yuval wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't understand your answer Nicolas.
> Because My bus is 33MHz I get 27MB/s. I understand that.
> What I'm asking is if the UDMA(100) means that the HD is capable of
> 100MB/s and the bus holds it back. Does it mean that with a newer
> motherboard my HD will work much faster?

You are wrong, UDMA 100 only means that Data can travel as fast as
100MB/s on the bus, but your hard drvie is mechanic, it is physicaly
limited far beyond the bus speed, and a newer motherboard will never
afect that.

If you get 27MB/s with an Intel chipset, you will probably never get
more, but maybe less ( with VIA or SIS chipsets maybe... )

English is not my mother tongue, so sorry if there are some
misunderstanding :-)

--
Nicolas