Rex Young wrote:
> I think that you're stuck on the 33MHz.  Don't be.  I believe that they all
> operate
> at 33MHz where they are UDMA 100, UDMA 133, etc.  33MHz is the speed that
> this bus
> operates at.

I think you are wrong too :-P

The size of the IDE bus ( 16 bits ) didn't change since quitte a while,
the only trick they found to increase data rate is to increase the bus
frequecy as well.

but something interessant is that on Yuval's system hda is on the same
bus as a pio interface ( CDROM, Tape... ). And that _must be the reason_
of a slighty slower hard drive. In that way, this bus is maybe blocked
at UDMA33 becaus e of the presence of an ATAPI interface.

I have a single advice : *never mix HD ans ATAPI devices on a same bus*

--
Nicolas