Scott,

> I never really have used cron but lately i have been trying to.  I
> was trying to get it to check my email hourly by putting an entry
> into the cron.hourly directory.  Well suffice to say it did not work.

I'm just curious.  Most email clients have a switch to check the email every
so often, and you can set it to any length you want.  Of course, the process
has to be running.  With cron it will start the email client to perform the
check then close it (I assume), so you don't have it running all the time.
With memory and swap space so cheap, though, I'd think that would be the
easy solution.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer
Registered Linux User #154358
Interfere not in the business of Dragons,
For you are crunchy when flamed and taste good.