begin  quote
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 18:39:16 -0400 (EDT)
Marshal Newrock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Ernie Schroder wrote:

> As far as measuring bandwidth, there's a program called 'bing' (which
> is not in portage) which will determine the available bandwidth
> between twopoints.  I'm sure there's many good programs in
> net-analyzer as well which do things like that.

Lets play some homebrew stuff here:

on the server:
dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=1M count=100
nc -l -p 9999 < testfile;

on the client:
time nc server 9999 >/dev/null

;

Repeat three or four times for good measure.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!