On Tuesday 16 September 2003 11:05 pm, Ben Sparks wrote:
> It should be in /usr/bin/mozilla-firebird or something like that.
> portage does not automatically add merged programs to the
> menu...yet ;)
>
> On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 22:57, Kevin Miller, Jr. wrote:
> > I emerged Mozilla-Firebird today.  The problem is that I cannot
> > seem to find it.  It is not listed in the KDE menu.  Did I have
> > to emerge Mozilla first? Any suggestions on how I can locate this
> > browser?  I really do not like Konqueror.
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > --

Kevin PLEASE do not start a new thread by replying to an old one and
changing the subject. Start a new thread by opening a blank mail and
typing in the address, or by clicking on the address in the headers
of any list post. The way you've been posting arranges replies to
your questions under an unrelated thread.
To answer your question, to start Firebird, open a konsole and type
MozillaFirebird. You can create an icon on your desktop for it by
right clicking on the screen background. Go up to the top of the menu
to "create new" and select "link to application" set a name for the
link by typing in the box on the "general" tab. Don't worry about
permissions for this. Go to the "Execute" tab and type
MozillaFirebird in the box. Click the OK button and you should be
good to go. You can select a different icon by clicking on the icon
on the "general" tab.
        You can add programs to the KDE menu by going to the "start
applications icon (bottom left corner) choose "settings" and then
"Menu Editor". for an internet application, click the plus sign (+)
to the left of "Internet". Highlight the word internet, then click
the "New Item" icon (top left). Enter a name to appear on the menu,
click OK where it says Command, in this case you can just type
MozillaFirebird, but in some cases you would need to type the full
path to the executable, in this case /usr/bin/MozillaFirebird
        You can also set a keyboard shortcut here too but before you do that
I would learn what shortcuts are included by default first. You don't
want to mess up here. I once by mistake set open office to open on a
shortcut of "s" Yup, you got it. Every stinkin time I typed the
letter "s" anywhere, Open Office opened.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free