On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 08:00:59AM -0400, brett holcomb wrote:
> Well, if you use etc-update on files like /etc/fstab your
> system will break.  Also, when you modify your make.conf
> file you don't want it overwritten mindlessly.  If you
> notice etc-update will remove all your changes.

etc-update won't break /etc/fstab if you pay attention to what you're
doing.

The etc-update interface takes some getting used to... I made a mess
the first time I tried it - so it's a good idea to save the files you're
updating before you start. But once you get the hang of using it, it's
a lot less trouble than doing it by hand.

Nathan Meyers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]