> There you are right.  I would have to learn some things.  But if
> everything is found in the documentations, that would be easy.

Well, some things are, some aren't, thats why there is a mentoring
period for new devs where all submissions are screened by a mentor or
some other dev.

> is there a script for gentoo bugzilla to send bugreports easyer?

There is the Guided format, but no commandline tool.

> When you are a known sumitter, the people trust you and your port
> comes  into the portstree within a few hours.

this is simple. We never trust a build in bugzilla. All such are given
two steps of proofreading. one in bugzilla where comments are given to
the submitter for the most glaring problems. ( Why submit an unchanged
build with a new name? do they think we can't do cp oldversion
newversion ourselves?)

For updates we usually take patches rather than complete builds, makes
it simpler to work with and see changes instead of manually diff'ing
(Thats also part of the problem with updateS)

> How is this handled on gentoo's portage?  Are there groups?
There are "herds" of ebuilds, which then belong to a group of developer
who are responsible for driving said herd. "pam" "sound" "system"
"gnome" " kde" "games" and so on, the list of herds are in our CVS tree,
not sure if its online as well or not.

Then there is metadata.xml in all builds that are assigned to a herd,
that tags the developer responsible, and the herd it belongs to, giving
at least a fallback for the build.

> How do I  find out who created an ebuild?

Who created the original, either by checking the Copyright in the build,
or by watching the ChangeLog. originally submitted by <somone at
somewhere>  .

Who is responsible, check the metadata.xml, ChangeLog or $Header: $
field in the .ebuild itself

>  Are there responsibilities for troubles?  Or is the only way to make
>  a bug report?

Responsibilities? not sure how you mean there, but our preferred means
of communication is bugzilla, since it gives us a backlog and queue of
workforce as well as a transparent process.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!