Hey.

When I boot up my computer, fsck.reiser loves to give me that little asterisked box
telling me that DMA is not enabled on my hard drives. However, a few seconds later in
the boot process, hdparm is started and enables DMA on all my drives.

I've tried everything to get this to go away:

 - I've added /etc/init.d/hdparm to the boot runlevel, but this still only enables DMA
after those messages.

 - I've made sure, many times, that I've got the correct options turned on in my
kernel:

[*]   Generic PCI IDE chipset support
   [*]     Sharing PCI IDE interrupts support (NEW)
   [*]     Generic PCI bus-master DMA support (NEW)
   [ ]     Boot off-board chipsets first support (NEW)
   [ ]       Force enable legacy 2.0.X HOSTS to use DMA (NEW)
   [*]       Use PCI DMA by default when available (NEW)
[*]     SiS5513 chipset support

# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS645DX Host & Memory & AGP
Controller
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS 530 Virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge
(AGP)
00:02.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS962 [MuTIOL Media IO] (rev 04)
00:02.5 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE]
[etc...]

I always seem to miss the obvious, so can someone point out what I'm doing wrong
please? ;)