On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:09:55 +0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yeah, the -k1 option is supposed to keep options over a reset, but this doens't seem
to work for me.

xerxes root # hdparm /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
 multcount    = 16 (on)
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  1 (on)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    =  8 (on)
 geometry     = 14946/255/63, sectors = 240121728, start = 0

Yet I'm still getting the same messages after a reboot. The keepsettings flag also
gets reset to 0 after a reboot.

A very useful flag, if you ask me. :P