Le Jeudi 25 Septembre 2003 17:08, Matthew Coulson a écrit :
> > athlon xp 1700+
>
> Hmm. I took a guess at the CPU from the temp2, as you might have been
> overclocking a P4 and overvolting it to 1.85. 69 degrees is a bit hot for
> an XP
>
> > I've lots of things in my box: 4 hdds, dvd, cd, zip, ...
> > Could this be the
> > explanation of the high temps and bad voltage?
>
> The voltages used by this equipment +5, +12, +3.3 are all extremely good,
> so theres no extreme power drain from them. 33c chassis temperature is also
> very good.
>
> > Should I take
> > some things out?
>
> No need
>
> > Add new fans?
>
> If it's stable no. If you're paranoid about temperatures (which normally
> happens once someone finds out what the temperatures inside their machine
> is) then yes. To be honest I would try to get a better CPU cooler setup as
> personally I wouldn't be happy with 69c.

I'm not happy with 69C. But I have choosen a big fan when I buyed my PC. Could
my fan be on the wrong side? Should it pull the hot air outside or blow cold
air inside?
Now my pc is totally idle but it's temperature is 70C.
My HDD are now at 39C.
What is a "better cpu cooler setup"? a better fan?

> > What would be the acceptable temperature for temp2? (and for hdds btw)
>
> I tend to go by a 50c maximum. You're not getting the HD's temperatures
> with the lm sensor, you'll need a S.M.A.R.T monitoring program for that.
>
> On my Shuttle SS51G (P4 2.4 non-overclocked, 1 Seagate Barracuda IV 40G, 1
> Barracuda V 120Gb), when I was running WinXP/2K, I used SpeedFan to monitor
> temperatures and adjust fan speed accordingly. On 1% fan speed I would
> achieve 49-50c CPU when idle, and 48-50c HDD. This made the fans completely
> inaudible. Once above 50c the fans would gradually speed up 5% a second to
> cool it down.
>
> This weekend I hope to have a go getting a similar setup on my Gentoo
> install (the Shuttles built in fan throttling won't throttle enough!), and
> I'm hoping it will be a simple case of getting the following
> http://member.melbpc.org.au/~iann/varyfan/ working! It might already be in
> portage, I don't know.

# emerge -s varyfan
Searching...