> > Long story short I need to put a small Win2k install on my Gentoo Laptop
> > so I need to resize the ext2 partition I've got as / now. Partition
> > Magic doesn't want to allow resizes on this partition so...
> What version of Partition Magic and is it actually ext3?

Partition Magic 7 and no it's really ext2...

According to the PowerQuest web site I should be able to boot into PM7.0
and right-click on the partition and select Resize/Move... no dice. I'm
also not able to copy ext2 partitions (from an earlier expirement on a
completely different machine, that I'm also sure was really ext2) so I
suspect that something about ext2 support in PM7.0 is off...

The System Rescue CD that was pointed out looks like exactly what I need
but it hangs at the "Starting USB and PCI hotplugging"... so I'm
downloading their current beta and trying that... the Gentoo LiveCD had
no problem with this machine so I don't know what the issue is...

Matt