> > > What version of Partition Magic and is it actually ext3?
> > Partition Magic 7 and no it's really ext2...
> partition magic can do it, BUT, it needs to be ext2 partitions made
> with partition magic, else it doesn't work

I guess this may be a really stupid question... but... Why does it matter? Isn't a
partition a partition?

And does that imply that I have to somehow find the tool I used to create the
partition and use that? (I'm 99% certain it was the cfdisk on the Gentoo LiveCD) Or is
there a tool I can use to "bless" the partition or partition table so I can use other
tools.

Thanks

Matt