Hi Jason,

Further to my last posting as at the bottom of this mail, it failed again as you said .

What I can read preceding those lines shown in my previous email on the same screen are
grep: /usr/lib/libungif.la: No such file or directory
see: can't read /usr/lib/libungif.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: '/usr/lib/libungif.la' is not a valid libtool archive

I tried follows

# cat /var/log/emerge.log | more
# cat /var/log/messages | more
# cat /var/log/genkernel.log | more

could not see something relevant.

B.R.
Stephen

Hi Jason,

Kindly advise how to read previous screens. How to scroll back to read other lines. What is the name of the installation log under /var/log/

Thanks

B.R.
Stephen