On Sunday 19 October 2003 05:26 am, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Kindly advise how to read previous screens.  How to scroll back to
> read other lines.  What is the name of the installation log under
> /var/log/
>
> Thanks
>
> B.R.
> Stephen
>
> Jason Stubbs wrote:
> >On Sunday 19 October 2003 17:13, Stephen Liu wrote:
> >>I have been running kde installation for more than 56 hours until
> >>interrupted about 15 minutes ago with following warning popup.

> >>make[3]: *** [kuickshow.la] Error 1
> >>make[3]: Leaving directory
> >>'/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.1.4/work/kdegraphics-3.1.4/kuicks
> >>how/src' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >>make[2]: Leaving directory
> >>'/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.1.4/work/kdegraphics-3.1.4/kuicks
> >>how' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >>make[1]: Leaving directory
> >>'/var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics-3.1.4/work/kdegraphics-3.1.4'
> >>make: *** [all] Error 2
> >>
> >>!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdegraphics-3.1.4 failed.
> >>!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line 137, Exitcode 2
> >>!!! died running emake, kde_src-compile:make
> >>
> >>I have no idea why it was interrupted
> >>
> >>Now I run
> >># emerge kde
> >
> >It will more than likely fail again. When it does, you will give
> > us lines preceding what you have shown; everything from the last
> > gcc command or 10~20 lines prior to make erroring out to be
> > certain.
> >
> >Jason

Stephen,
        The easiest way to record all of the output would be to issue the
command:
# emerge kdegraphics > kdegraphics.txt

(Notice I used the package that is giving you problems. This avoids
writing a HUGE file just in case emerge kde works this time.)

This will write the output to a file in the current directory. There
will be no output to the screen. When the command has compleeted, do:

# cat kdegraphics.txt | more

You can move through the file one page at a time by hitting the space
bar.

--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free