dave willis wrote:
someone gave me their old fujistu laptop - 133 mhz processor, 16 megs of
ram (i can buy 64 more megs for about $20), and 1.3 gig harddrive. i'd
like to use it for email mainly, maybe for mp3s (is it powerful enough?). anyway, would GRP install on this old machine, or is it optimized for
something newer? i see no reason to not use gentoo just because i'll
never compile it on this relic.

In your case, I'd recommend finding a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter for the HD from eBay. Stick the laptop drive in your desktop machine and compile the system there. Then put the drive back.

--
Andrew Gaffney