Not that I'm aware of. I keep backups on another system and on tape so I can recover. I assume you've seen some of the suggestions in this thread about other programs that might make updating easier.

One thing I do is run emerge sync and then emerge -uDp on system and world very frequently (daily on some machines). This helps keep the number of changes down which is where we get into trouble - with a large list of changes it's easy to miss one.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:56:01 +0800