On Wednesday 22 October 2003 07:49 am, brett holcomb wrote:
> Not that I'm aware of.  I keep backups on another system
> and on tape so I can recover.  I assume you've seen some
> of the suggestions in this thread about other programs
> that might make updating easier.

<snips>

> >If accidentally updating a /etc/~config file, is there
> >any record to trace it, i.e. any record showing config
> >files updated.
> >
> >B.R.
> >Stephen

After getting burned one too many times I back up my main box every
night. I also keep a manual backup of important config files in a
directory on my home partition. I call it etc_backup. It contains the
last 2 or 3 working configs of things that could really cause havoc
if I screwed up with etc-update. I HAVE used it, but luckily, not for
a while now.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free