>         Resolving ftp.jedsoft.org... failed: Host not found.
I've got that kind of problem too. Then it was one of the gateways on my net
that had shut down, and my machine was not able to contact the dns server. It
looks like thats the problem here too. If you're on a big net (I'm on a
university net) and have no power over the gateway or DNS servers, maybe you
just have to wait and it will work out. If you have your own private net, and
this machine is on this net, then check your own gateway and see if your
iptables -t nat shows the masquerading option. (Have my own little private
net, and when my gateway didn't have the masquerading in then I got the same
kind of errors you get).

So good luck.
--
Sigurd Stordal