At 01:23 AM 10/23/2003, you wrote:
On Thursday 23 October 2003 01:39, latin hypercube wrote:
> With a similar set up, I have a VFAT/FAT32 partition for mail which
> is accessible from both WinXP and Gentoo.  I use Opera and its M2
> mail client as this means I have exactly the same functionality on
> both operating systems and no worries about mailbox format.

This was exactly what I was looking for - I would like to be able to see
my local folders in Windows too. Now I'm just wondering whether this
can be accomplished with KMail and any Windows mail client?

I just checked Eudora's website and it appears they use MBOX format, which KMail also does (or can). There seems to be some gotchas with it, when mixing between Windows and Unix filesystems though.

Here's the page that explains it: http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1333hq.html

Regards Hall