At 03:33 PM 10/24/2003, you wrote:
If you have a package that has a KDE and GNOME
interface and you only run GNOME, adding "-kde" to your USE flags
will make it so that when portage compiles the package it will only
compile the GNOME interface.

I've seen this mentioned before and I'm curious, how many apps out there would fall into this category ?? That is, having both a GNOME and KDE interface ?? I know with many apps, gaim, for example, are in fact GTK apps, *not* Gnome apps. When you configure gaim with "./configure --disable-gnome" it leaves out "something" that's gnome-based. Not sure what, nor really care, but that's the only kind of instance I've seen of this.

Hall