On Friday 24 October 2003 02:44 pm, Kwame Opam wrote:
> Hi. I've been doing a lot of reading on Gentoo recently, and I've
> already fallen in love with it. Currently, I use SuSE 8.2, but I'm
> bored and I want to try something different. Before I go ahead with
> the install, I have a couple of questions. Since I've only been
> using Linux for the past 2 months, am I adequately prepared to
> install it?

<snip>

        Short answer is probably not, but don't let that scare you away. With
the documentation you have at hand, if you can follow directions
you'll do fine. And, by the time you'r finished you WILL be
adequately prepared. From what I've seen, the people that have the
most problems installing Gentoo are either those unwilling to follow
step by step directions, or those that fancy themselves "Linux
Experts" who decide they know more than the folks who wrote the
documentation. 11 months ago, I fell somewhere in between and after a
couple of problems did manage to get a successful install first try.
My second machine was a piece of cake. After rebuilding that machine
(from Athlon 750 to AthlonXP 2100/512Megs DDR the 3rd install was
almost easy, except for a few issues with the new motherboard.
        I guess the point is you need courage, a computer and the willingness
to be taught.

--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free