He was using GS-Sources, which is a highly changing kernel.. Its got all kinds of
Patches and so forth. so its updated constantly..

Like I said yesterday, most of the kernels are not updated "all the time" unless your
using these development kernels. So there is no reason to add functionality for the
few.. Specially when these can be controlled by package.mask. Whats so hard about
entering a line in there so the kernel doesn't show up all time??

> Well, I snipped too much of the original post, so I don't
> know exactly
> which kernel was being used now. Anyway, from the page you
> reference, there
> is a "gentoo-sources" kernel and a "gs-sources" kernel.

<SNIP>