begin  quote
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:42:27 +0000
Hall Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I do recall a message recently about files in /var/tmp and that apps
> can "expect" them to remain there vs being deleted. Is there a bootup
> script that normally empties /tmp and other 'tmp' dirs ??

/var/tmp should not be cleaned at boot. vi stores recovery info, and
that sort of thing there.

/tmp can be cleaned at boot. (mounted as tmpfs ;) and there are scripts
in init.d that does that automagically (however they just prune things
down, not wipe)

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!