De: Alma J Wetzker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: miercoles, 03 de diciembre de 2003 17:53
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: [gentoo-user] Help with install

After running Caldera linux (happily) for several years, I tried to update
the
kernel of my system.  Really bad plan.

I now have gentoo running on an athlon XP system.  I can get into the X
system
and most things appear to be running.  I need help with a few things;

How do I get sound?  I have a SB Live! 5.1 and have alsa loaded.  I tried
detail I would report it.]

How do I get the system to come up in the graphical login?  I have Gnome
working but I would like to get kde up instead.  Can I select that from a
graphical login prompt?

How do I get drivers for the cups printing system?  I have a tektronix 740L
color laser printer and none of the drivers packaged with cups give me
color.
  (The HP postscript driver works with the printer in BW only.)

I am sure this is just the beginning of a wonderful learning experience.  I
am
now learning just how much my kids would like to use the system so any help
would be gratefully received.

     -- Alma