> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 18:01, David Mallwitz wrote:
> a C3 option
> this setup as

> you going to
> > >
> > > Hauppauge pvr250
> >
> > I'm working on the same thing with a pvr350. Lemme know how it goes.
>
> I too would be interested in knowing how it goes for both of you.
>
> I've been thinking about throwing a tv card in the home NAT
> box to serve
> wireless tv to my laptop. You should definately document
> everything you
> do, maybe set up a website.
>
> Chris I
>
> Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.

Don't worry too much about optimizing the hell out of it.  I use:
-mcpu=i586 -O2 -mmmx -msse (from memory, not sure about the last one).

Too much optimization will increase the compile time so much it'll
annoy the hell out of you, with little real gain.  Mythtv works
pretty well without via's binary drivers.  I forced some things to
load and recompiled mythtv to take advantage of the mpeg2 decoder
and it worked out quite nicely.  for playback.  Then, I couldn't
recompile the ivtv modules.

Right now I'm holding on until the latest reverse-engineered decoder
stuff is included in the -epia kernel (www.ivor.it/cle266) that a
fine chap has put together.

Before I to include more of the goodies, I had the best luck with
ac-sources for kernel, and the latest development release of
xfree86 (currently 4.3.99.901, I think).

The ivy tv page at http://ivtv.sourceforge.net can tell you how to
set up the lirc drivers for the pvr250/350.  I set that up some time
ago, so don't now remember details.

For a WM, I decided that something a little nicer than twm was in order,
so I used waimea.  Lots of people have had good luck with any of the
*box WMs.

good luck

-rex