On Tuesday 09 December 2003 08:09 pm, Rex Young wrote:
> pretty well without via's binary drivers.  I forced some things to
> load and recompiled mythtv to take advantage of the mpeg2 decoder
> and it worked out quite nicely.  for playback.  Then, I couldn't
> recompile the ivtv modules.

Yeah, that's my major headache - ivtv being fussy. /dev/video0 works,
but every app fails to read from it with ioctl errors. Plus the usual
i2c errors.

> Right now I'm holding on until the latest reverse-engineered decoder
> stuff is included in the -epia kernel (www.ivor.it/cle266) that a
> fine chap has put together.

Absolutely, God bless Ivor. We should get him a Christmas present. Ivor
uber alles!

> The ivy tv page at http://ivtv.sourceforge.net can tell you how to
> set up the lirc drivers for the pvr250/350.  I set that up some time
> ago, so don't now remember details.

Lets compare notes. What gcc version are you using? Do you use the
kernel i2c modules, or the ebuild (if so, which version)? Would you
mind posting the ivtv section of your /etc/modules.conf?

> For a WM, I decided that something a little nicer than twm was in
> order, so I used waimea.  Lots of people have had good luck with any
> of the *box WMs.

The latest DirectFB includes support for the CLE266 video, so I've been
bypassing X and running directly from the framebuffer. Works great.

Dave