Le Jeudi, 11 Décembre 2003 17.35, Chris Bare a écrit :
> > IIRC the LiveCD does support ssh.  You might have to start the ssh daemon
> > with /etc/init.d/sshd start.  Long ago I used it to get the stage 1
> > tarball from one of my machines to the box that was to be a Gentoo box.
> >
> > Backups:
> >
> > /home/*
> > /etc/*
> > /usr/local/anything you've added here.
>
> I'd add /var/cache/edb/world, so you know what packages you had emerged
> before.

/var is not another /tmp directory, there are lots of things in it, specially
in /var/lib
You should definitely not exclude /var from your backups.

So keep /var in your backups, but remove /var/log, /var/tmp, /var/run,
/var/lock and any other dirs that contain non-persistent files.

--
mathieu perrenoud