> I emerged alsa-driver again with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" and it still
> wants to downgrade in a emerge -uD world -p so should I create the
> /etc/portage/portage.unmask file?

Well... since you run without ~x86 ordinarily this is to be expected. If
you don't want to downgrade alsa-driver after you've emerged an ~x86
version then you should use 'emerge -UD' instead of 'emerge -uD' because
emerge will want to downgrade to the latest _stable_ version otherwise.
If you always want the most recent version of alsa-driver you can create
/etc/portage/package.unmask and add 'media-sound/alsa-driver' as a new
row in it.

Patrick Börjesson

--
Public key ID: 4C5AB0BF