On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Jakub Krajcovic wrote:
> After you boot, check dmesg, whether it found the boot image, and if it did, what
> went wrong...

first, it saids:

        bootsplash: slient mode

this seems to me that the kernel does support bootsplash, and is trying to
load it.

then later it saids:

        RAMDISK: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0

this seems to me that the initrd is invalid. nowhere in the dmesg had
mentioned loading image. /etc/init.d/bootsplash also fail to load since
/proc/splash does not even exist.

i have been tried to solve this problem for almost three days already. it
is so confusing. any help are appreciated.