Mark Knecht wrote:
On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 12:24, Dwight Frye wrote:

snip

Maybe 2.4.22 is better with SATA now, but when I tried to do this on
2.4.22 earlier I had trouble and ended up using a 2.4.23 version. I can
provide you with a kernel config for that if it helps.

No problem with SATA (intel ICH5) here, on 2.4.22-gentoo-r5 (it worked on previous gentoo kernel perfect too)

U probably used genkernel, am I right ?
If so, then probably .config was replaced by some stupid one.
Run genkernel (or your preferred method) to configure
kernel again and check support for your HW in ATA/IDE ...
section.

I give u an advice: Archive your .config files.
It's very easy to find where the problem is
using diff command :-).

noro