Okay, I've got another error that has me stumped, and I'm hoping to find
some guidance here as to where I should be looking to fix this bugger.

I've gone through the initial build process, starting with mke2fs and a
stage 1 build.

Everything seems to go pretty much flawlessly until I get to point where I
reboot my system for the first time.  Now I have the error:

   ext2-fs: ide0(3,65) couldn't mount because of unsupported features (4).
   kernel panic: ufs: unable to mount root fs on 03:41

I'm assuming 03:41 is the time stamp, since that matches.

The only ext2 filesystem is on /dev/hda1 (boot)  The only hd markers are
for (0,0) in grub.  (with the exception that I have root=/dev/hdb1 )

One thing that I noticed is that in the docs, grub.conf has a line:
   title=Gentoo Linux

but the grub.conf.sample file has
   title Gentoo Linux

I did try things with each configuration (one at a time...) but with no
effect.

So, does anyone have any thoughts as to what this error might mean, or
what's causing it?

Thanks in advance!

Krikket