Sean Johnson wrote:
On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 18:42, Jakub Krajcovic wrote:

I can't really say what causes this, because when i launch X, everuthing
is ok, it only happens after some time, probably has something to dio
with the apps i run under X - not sure, haven't been poking into it yet.

If anyone encountered this, could they pls confirm.

I get this same effect. It happens for me as soon as X starts. If I
startx, let the desktop load, and then Ctrl-Alt-F1, I get nothing but
blackness. It's not locked up, just dark. Ctrl-F7 pops me back into X,
which works fine.

I find this more than a little annoying myself, and am contemplating
going back to the 4496 drivers.

Sean

For me this bug has appeared on nvidia drivers as long as I can remember, and I did start using nvidia in version 0.9-something. The bug occasionally changes from displaying textual carbage to graphical garbage, and it occasionally locks up keyboard as well. Last time I asked about it someone informed me it was a thing with Via's AGP system or something similar which will probably never be fixed, I don't know though if there are similar bugs appearing on other hardware as well.

--
.signature: No such file or directory