Hi,

On Saturday 07 February 2004 18:16, Ernie Schroder wrote:

>       I also have the a7nx8 and a ti4200 I am seeing about a 10% decrease
> in framerate with glxgears, and am having lockups. The lockups occur
> more frequently with a GL screensaver running, but do occasionally
> happen with a rapid mouse movement. (suggestions are welcomed)
>       As I don't have the 2.6.1 kernel doing everything I want, I would
> like to be able to boot back into 2.4.20, but can't unless I
> downgrade the nvidia drivers. Is there a way around this?

preemption?
io-apic?
local-apic?

This three guys are the cause of a lot of nvidia problems.
I have 2.6.2-rc3 running, without preemption and do not have any lockups. But,
I have not a nvidia board.. btw, have you looked into the nvidia-linux-forum?

Glück Auf
Volker
--
Conclusions
 In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even