<quote who="W.Kenworthy">
> I think youve stuffed up.  Remove all bits of the vmware you
> have just
> installed, "emerge vmware-workstation".
> Run /opt/vmware/bin/vmware-config as root" then
> start /opt/vmware/bin/vmware as user and add your licence etc.
> rc-update add vmware default so the changes survive the reboot
> (note
> that the initscript wont work until after the reboot.
>
>>From memory non-gentoo vmware will put some of its files in the
>> wrong
> place for gentoo which will not know how to find them (this is
> why you
> must remove all those files first).  Also, be aware that a pure
> udev
> system requires some node magic, but if you use the gentoo
> tarball
> option its fine.
>
> BillK
well i got it installed, ran vmware-config.pl and rebooted,
tried to start vmware, and it tells me:

VMware Workstation is installed, but it has not been (correctly)
configured for your running kernel.  To (re-)configure it, your
system administrator must find and run "vmware-config.pl".  For
more information, please read the VMware Workstation
documentation.

i have re-ran vmware-config.pl 4 times now, and each time it
says completed successfully, what gives? any special thing i
need to do to get this working? im running kernel 2.6.9.-r13 and
it automaticly downloaded the vmware-any-any-update which i read
googling might fix any problems, but it doesnt work for me. any
ideas?

thanks

nick