>  Are there mirrors that offer binary versions for the P4
> for each package?  I might have a few features built into
> apps that I might not need, or maybe have to juggle a few
> source distributions to make sure I get what I need, but a
> "mostly" pre-built repository would just make my updates so
> much better. :)

I'm really happy to have installed Gentoo. Yes, I like it.

But, sorry, just like you, certainly not for compiling all
packages by myself. It's such a futile waste of electrical
power... ;-) .

I'd like to say, yes, if there were a binary repository, I'd
immediately use it.

But, I guess, binaries depend on so many aspects of a system
it'll be not that easy to provide well preconfigured
binaries.

 Best regards

    ce