Nick Smith wrote:

i dont have that in my rc.conf file anymore, if i remember correctly it
got changed to something in /etc/conf.d with my last emerge world and
when you boot it tells you, that you should change to the new way they
want to do it. i cant seem to find it now, and also, this is a
relatively new laptop, and im not ripping it apart to change the battery
if it is messed up, so i have to come up with something else to fix it.
my time never varied at all with other distro's its odd that gentoo has
a problem with it.

it's in /etc/conf.d/clock, set CLOCK="local", this is for baselayout >= 1.11, for baselayout <= 1.9, the CLOCK setting is in /etc/rc.conf.

--mel
mel ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://mel.icious.net/blog
http://conference.hackinthebox.org