On Friday 21 January 2005 04:18, Mike Noble wrote:
> fire-eyes wrote:
> | I'd set up a cronjob for ntpdate, every 49 minutes or something like
> | that. I'd strongly suspect your CMOS battery. As for fluxbox's time
> | showing different, I've no idea what that's all about.
>
> Don't really know much about flux, but does it have a timezone setting
> which is probably set to the wrong time zone.
>
> As for the time being off by by an hour after 30 minutes, really does
> sound like a MB battery issue.  I would start by replacing the battery
> in the MB.

I don't think this is good advice. Unless you manually read the hardware clock
and write to the system clock using "hwclock", the system doesn't touch the
hardware clock but once during bootup.

I suspect messed up timezone settings. Could it be that the system and users
are on different timezones? Do a "date" as root and as one or two different
users and watch not only the time itself but also what it says about
timezones.

Uwe

--
Alternative phrasing of the First Law of Thermodynamics:
If you eat it, and you don't burn it off, you'll sit on it.

http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)