Hi,

I'm trying to use distcc for building my system.

I've yet encountered a rather strange problem, I've added

CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j8"
FEATURES="distcc"

to my make.conf.

I've got the daemons running on the other machines (and also the local host).

The other machines are in /etc/distcc/hosts and I cant ping / ssh to them.

tv1 / # distcc-config --get-hosts
localhost icebear icebird

Still emerge does not use distcc to compile for instance xine-lib or bison or perl.

I'm not sure what I missed to do, perhaps someone here has a hint for me.

And, another far worse problem I have is that in my case I'm having at least 8 parallel compile jobs running on my machine which really criples it. As far as I understood if the Makefile does support parallel building I should also be able to use distcc. But it looks like all the autoconf scripts try to use gcc / g++ instead of distcc for as the compiler.

Any help appreciated.

kind regards Philip