Andreas Vinsander wrote:
Philip Lawatsch wrote:

I know all of that and I've already set up the distccd on the local host in this way (not via distcc_hosts but by configuring distccd on localhost). BUT, for some reason portage does _not_ use distcc at all but the "normal" gcc and this will result in -jN jobs running on localhost.

Ok, then what do u have in /etc/conf.d/distccd on the different hosts

U need to configure it to listen to connections from your subnet or specific hosts

My distcc setup is verified to work (compiling something else on the machines right now).

My problem is that emerge simply does ignore FEATURES="distcc" and instead uses gcc / g++ directly. Either emerge fails to tell the packages autoconf script to use distcc as a compiler or something else.

In case my distcc setup would be broken I'd get complaints from distcc about it, or get at least something in the distccd log on the local machine. But I get neither.

kind regards Philip