On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Holly Bostick wrote:

Don't forget also changing CC: for the list to To: and the fact that anyone who doesn't feel like removing those additional entries will double my incoming mail for any thread I have responded to (because I'm in the CC so I get it personally, and I get it from the list).

I agree, in fact, I will probably end up replying to the wrong person on some threads, which can become annoying. But that said, if you have access to procmail you can use the following recipe to keep from getting duplicate messages:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| $FORMAIL -D 8192 .msgid.cache

It keeps a list of all message id's sent to you and deletes duplicates. Great for instances such as this. (it's been useful for me because of all the lists I am on)