Neil Bothwick wrote:

The other way, which works especially well when you are continually
adding and removing distros, is to set up your main distro normally, then
install the bootloader for the other distros into the root partition of
that distro, instead of the MBR.

Right now my MBR is on my Windows drive (hda1), and Linux is on my second drive. (I don't remember if it's slaved or not or if it matters).

This being the case, is my memory correct that the bios will try to boot from hda, and if I put Grub on my current Linux distro instead of the MBR, I'll have problems?